1. Heat the oil until hot in a large pan. Add the onions and ginger and fry on medium heat until golden brown.
2. Add the beetroot and both potatoes, reduce the heat and fry for 2-3 minutes together.
3. Add the Kahari sauce and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are just tender.
4. Meanwhile for the raita, mix all the ingredients together carefully in a bowl. Season to taste.
5. Transfer to a serving dish. Serve the Kahari curry with the cooked rice, and chutney.