1. Make the tartare sauce by mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Butter the slices of bread with the almond butter.
3. Top 4 of the slices with some baby gem lettuce leaves.
4. Preheat the oil to 170°C. Deep fry the ‘fish’ goujons in the hot oil for 2 minutes, or until golden and crispy, then remove and drain on kitchen paper.
5. Place some chips on the lettuce, then top with 2 good spoonfuls of the tartare sauce.
6. Place the ‘fish’ goujons on top and finish with the other slices of bread, pressing down lightly to compress the sandwich.
7. Cut the sandwich in half and serve immediately.