1. First, make the sauce by sweating the onions on a medium heat in the olive oil until softened but not coloured.
2. Add the garlic puree and cook for 2 minutes before adding the tomatoes and bouillon powder.
3. Bring to the boil then turn the heat down to simmer for 45 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
4. Season with salt, sugar and vinegar before returning to the boil for a further minute.
5. Place the gnocchi into boiling water. Once they float to the top, wait 2 minutes, then remove and drain.
6. When the gnocchi is cooked add to the tomato sauce and mix thoroughly.
7. Serve, topped with pieces of mozzarella style cheese and torn basil.