1. Make the tangy mango chilli apple slaw by tossing the crunchy vegetables together. Then mix the mango sweet chilli sauce, vegan mayonnaise and lime juice to make a dressing. Toss the slaw vegetables in the dressing.
2. Preheat a deep fat fryer to 170°C/340°F. Cook the burgers for 6 1/2 minutes and ensure the core reaches 75°C. Remove the burgers and place on a paper towel to rest for 1-2 minutes. Alternatively bake the burgers in a preheated oven at 180°C/355°F for 25 minutes until golden brown. Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
3. Preheat a griddle pan to a medium high heat. While the burger is resting, place the sliced buns into the griddle pan to toast for about 1 minute with the cut sides facing downwards. They should be caramelised and slightly hard to the touch when ready.
4. Place the bottom halves of the buns onto serving plates. Put a burger on top of each bun. Then add the vegan cheese slice. The cheese can be blow torched to melt it if desired.
5. Scatter the red onion slices onto the cheese.
6. Place the thick slices of tomato on top of the onion.
7. Carefully pile the tangy mango chilli apple slaw onto the burger stack and top with a tablespoon of hickory BBQ sauce.
8. Finally add the toasted bun top and serve.