1. Heat the oil in a large heavy based pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until translucent.
2. Add the sweet potato and spices and fry together for a further 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the drained jackfruit and break it down using a spoon.
4. Stir in the tomato puree, cook for 2 minutes, add the beer and bring to the boil.
5. Reduce the beer by half, then add the chopped tomatoes, brown sugar, apricots, bouillon and boiling water and bring back to the boil.
6. Add the cooked black beans and reduce the heat to a simmer.
7. Cook for 20-25 minutes until the sweet potato is tender and the sauce has reduced.
8. Serve the chilli in a large bowl. Crumble the feta style cheese over the top, and serve.