1. Preheat a deep fat fryer to 170°C/340°F. Cook the burgers for 6 1/2 minutes and ensure the core reaches 75°C. Remove the burgers and place on a paper towel to rest for 1-2 minutes. Alternatively bake the burgers in a preheated oven at 180°C/355°F for 25 minutes until golden brown. Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
2. Preheat a griddle pan to a medium high heat. While the burger is resting, place the sliced buns into the griddle pan to toast for about 1 minute with the cut sides facing downwards. They should be caramelised and slightly hard to the touch when ready.
3. Place the bottom halves of the buns onto serving plates. Spread each with the smashed avocado or guacamole.
4. Place the jackfruit burger on top of the avocado.
5. Top each burger with a slice of vegan cheese. The cheese may be blow torched to melt it if desired.
6. Add the beef tomato slices and top with a scattering of jalapeno peppers, followed by some red onion slices.
7. Mix the chipotle paste with the vegan mayonnaise and spread generously over the toasted side of the top of the bun. Place the top of the bun onto the burger stack and serve.