1. Cut the tempeh into cubes and fry in a little oil in a wok or deep saucepan.
2. After 5 minutes the tempeh should be coloured, add sliced shallots, chopped ginger and crushed lemongrass and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add curry paste and vegetables and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Make up vegetable bouillon with 900ml boiling water and add to curry.
5. Simmer for 10-12 minutes until vegetables are tender.
6. Season with salt and lime juice, add drained lychees.
7. Finish with Thai basil and serve on cooked sticky rice.